Backyard Lattice

$70

Our backyard is slowly coming together. We added two sun-shelters, one over our hot tub and one over our seating area.

I knew I wanted to add an outdoor dining area and so decided to extend the sun-shelter, and add a pergola and lattice over the table.

I couldn’t find a piece of lattice the right size for the space, so we decided to make it using 2x2 pressure treated pieces.

We recently just built a structure extending off our sun shelter. This made it easy to attach the lattice pieces. The total height was 7ft.

We started by attaching two vertical pieces onto our current structure which gave us the base to start our horizontal pieces.

We used 3” wood screws to attach the pieces.

We used 10.5” 2x4 pieces to use at our horizontal spacing. This allowed for the spaces to easily be equal and the wood pieces to be screwed in.

For our horizontal pieces, we cut them all to 63”.

Mounting the vertical pieces onto our current structure first, made it easy to attach our horizontal slats.

For our vertical slats, we centered them with our current structure and screwed them into our horizontal slats.

I couldn’t be happier with how our backyard oasis is coming along.

Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
15 Perfectly Round Tables
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning

• Onwingandhoof

How do you prevent the upper rails from sagging?

• Christopher Callen

approximately how much did the materials cost?

• Sally Jackson

I've very naive when it comes to drilling into concrete. Besides drilling into the concrete, what type of screws/anchoring did you use to secure to two end posts. I really love this and would like to do something similar.

• Ash | Dash Lifestyles

I definitely wasn’t easy drilling into the concrete. I just used a normal drill so that may be why. I picked up a pack of concrete screws from Home Depot that came with the bit in the box. The employee was extremely helpful in instructing me which ones to get. I think we got 2.5” which may have been too long. I hope this helps :)