Sea Glass Mosaics

$20

One of my favorite things to do at the beach is to hunt for sea glass. I sort the colors of glass and then turn them into works of art in the form of mosaics. Here are a couple of projects I made using sea glass.

Collect Glass

I love to collect the sea glass at the beach, I have my favorite spots in the Pacific Northwest - namely on Vancouver Island. Now if you cannot go out and collect glass, there are bags of "man made" sea glass you can purchase that are really similar.

Etch surface

If you are going to place your sea glass on a slick surface, like glass, then you need to give it a rough surface for the glue to take hold. I use etchall dip n etch liquid to etch any glass to give it a "tooth" for the glue to take hold. If you are adding it to paper then no need to rough it up, it already is porous.

Lay out design & glue

I next laid out a general template of what I wanted the mosaic to look like on a sheet of paper that was the same length and height as the jar. Then it is just all about adding the epoxy glue to the jar and placing on the sea glass. If doing it on paper than you can just draw out your design.

Complete the look

Last is to add a little bit of rope at the top to finish it all off and complete the look.

Mosaic Vase Video tutorial

Learn how to make this sea glass jar in this video tutorial.

Sea Glass Vase

This first project type has the sea glass on an upcycled jar to make a cool vase.

Mosaic Framed Art Video Tutorial

Learn how to make this mosaic art in the video tutorial.

Frame art

The second project is a framed art prices with a sea glass wave. Enjoy two different ways to turn your found sea glass into something creative!

12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Erin Reed | Erin Reed Makes

• Sue
    Sue

I really love this and I have a large amount of colored seaglass, mostly blue and green, that I have not had a project to use them on so far and this looks like IT! I like this idea and also the wave in the frame. Yours is great. I am thinking colored sand inbetween the glass if needed. Exactly WHAT epoxy glue did you use?

• Jacqueline Cebuliak
    Jacqueline Cebuliak

sorry a not a question just a comment... these jars are beautiful! & great tutorial! (also, Vancouver Island is not in the Pacific Northwest which describes the USA :( we areBC, Canada, aka the West Coast or at the very least, southern west coast of BC :)