DIY Dollar Store Halloween Cloche

$5

The countdown is on to another amazing Halloween season. Besides Christmas, Halloween is my favourite time of year, mainly because it gives me the perfect excuse to turn the entire month of October into one, big crafting session — not that I really need an excuse to craft, but you know what I mean, lol.

If you're looking forward to Halloween as much as I am, I think you're going to love what I came up with for this project. Basically, I took the iconic enchanted rose from Beauty And The Beast, and added my own spooky twist to it. And I managed to pull it off using materials I either already had on-hand or that I found at my local dollar store.I love how it turned out, and I hope my success inspires you to give this DIY a try!

The first thing you want to do is make sure the top of your vase doesn't spill over the edges of your mirror. If it does, try finding one with a slightly smaller rim.

I was able to find the perfect vase for an extra mirror I had from a previous project, so I definitely lucked out with this step.

Next, in a ventilated area, cover both the stem of your rose and the jewel trinket with a couple coats of matte black spray paint.

Don't worry if you get paint on the bottom layer of the rose petals. I got some on mine, and I think it gave the flower more dimension, which made it look extra enchanting and realistic.

While the paint is drying, give your vase and mirror a good cleaning using warm, soapy water, followed by some Windex.

Once the paint has dried, use hot glue or E6000 to secure the jewel to the bottom of your vase, like so.

If necessary, use a pair of linesman pliers to trim the rose stem so that it fits underneath the vase without getting squished.

Tip: It would be best to do this step prior to spray painting the stem, but I only realized that after the fact.

Next, use a bit more hot glue or E6000 to adhere the base of the stem to the middle of your mirror. Hold it still and upright until the adhesive dries.

You're almost there! All that's left to do is cover the rose with the vase. And just like that, you have yourself a spooky, enchanted cloche.

Find a prominent place to display this piece on its own, or group it with other festive pieces of decor to complete a Halloween-inspired tablescape.

3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
Katie Sara Creates

• Nancee Smith

Looks great! Love the cloche but I think I love the skull display more! How did you make it?

• Katie Sara Creates

Thank you! For the skull display, all I did was buy a fake pumpkin from Michaels, cut a hole out from the front, and pile in a bunch of Styrofoam skulls (also from Michaels). I also threw an LED tea light into the pumpkin so that it lights up at night underneath the skulls.