Halloween Tree!

$20

If you follow me, it's no secret that I LOVE Halloween! Love it! I love it, because it's so much fun to decorate for. I've always wanted a Halloween tree and this is how I made one.

Finished Halloween Tree!

This is a really fun, artsy and inexpensive tree to make. When I create, I try to do it with stuff I already have in my workshop. All of the stuff that went into the tree was bought at the dollar store minus the lights. Fairy lights are cheap on Amazon and AliEpxress.

The Tree!

You can easily beef up a thin cheap tree with greenery swag. I bought dollar store air plant vines, cut em' up and hot glued the pieces to tips of the tree. It looks whacky at first, but a couple shots of spray paint will blend it all together. I used black spray paint, because:

This is Halloween, This is Halloween, Halloween, Halloween

You can use other colors too. Check out my Christmas tree makeover post for more ideas:

https://www.hometalk.com/40421143/christmas-tree-makeover

For the tree:

-A tree (ba dum tsss)

-Hot glue gun and glue (To glue stuff on)

-Greenery swag (To swag out the tree)

-Cotton balls (Swag to be glued)

-Ball picks (You can paint these)

-Pinecones (Nature swag)

-Mini Halloween color ornaments (At the dollar store!)

-Spray Paint (For your hair...just joking. For the tree, fam!)

Making the Pumpkin Ornaments

You can skip this part if you don't like being artsy! The ornaments are really fun to make, but you don't need to make them.

I can hear some of the thoughts now!

Kim Kardashian voice: "Why don't you like, just buy pumpkin ornaments, because like it's sooo much easier and like it's easier.."

I made pumpkin ornaments because I'm artsy.

These totally look like oranges though.

For the ornaments:

-Um...ornaments (I hot glued the tops on so they wouldn't pop off)

-Craft wire (To attach it to the tree)

-Chalk paint (This is the primer)

*You will need to prime!

-Paints (Shades or orange, brown for the nook and black for the face)

-Clear wax (For your hair...yup, same joke again! You didn't laugh twice! Nah, it's to protect the paint and don't skip it)

Twisty

Twist the wire in the cap hole with enough slack to attach it it the tree. Be careful, because too much twisting power will break the cap!

Hooks

Make a hook so the ornaments are easily picked up and put back.

While making the first batch of these, I twisted them to the pole like a silly goose. Don't be a silly goose..

Chalk Paint!

There is a way to paint these ornaments without getting paint all over your hands. Please teach me if you find out!

Two coats of paint on the ornaments and caps.

Nice Oranges, Bro!

These took three coats of paint and the faces only took one.

Wax on!

Chalk paint needs wax, but there is no real need to wax craft paint. I like it because it gives a nice low durability finish. After waxing the ornaments, let them hang until they're dry. It doesn't take that long.

Happy Pumpkins!

Hang them in the tree and admire your work!

Finished!

I put purple fairy lights on the tree and added a black ribbon.

24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/bryansworkshop

• Lynn

Sooooooooo cute

• Lis4681457

OMG....looks soooo good! I want you to know that this post was one I actually read! Most are like blah,blah,blah....and I skip over them. Can you use other type of paint? P.S. the wax is kind of sticky in my hair...lol

• Shannon

My sons birthday is Halloween, he’s 30 now so this is perfect to add to our Halloween decorations. Would you think about going from Halloween to Thanksgiving tree then to a Christmas tree?

• Bryan's Workshop

Great idea! I love Thanksgiving, but live in Japan and skip the decorating for it part. My autumn and Halloween decor blend together. I am crazy about Christmas and put up, no joke..5 trees! I'd love to see a Thanksgiving tree. The wheels in my head are turning now.

• Kimberly Ferreira

Im glad there are others out there who incorporate their Christmas Trees for all Holidays. I used to have people whom would pick at me because id leave my tree up forever and on easter id put the plastic eggs, chicks, and easter theme stuff and top it with a Bunny. Valentines day would be a bunch of Red, Pink & White Hearts, some Hearts with the Arrow, the word Love all along some garland and top with a Cupid, Fourth of July obv.. It'd be all Red, White & Blue with fire work type confetti garland, some mini flags, and whatever id find patriotic and even had the Patriotic Columbus Top hat, lol... And Thanksgiving, well u guys get the hint, lol 😆 But i am an artist 🎨 so i LOVE doing ANYTHING creative. I just always loved the way a lit tree would make the home feel so cozy and happy at Christmas time so one year many years ago decided to keep it up and change the scenery. Who says a tre ONLY has to be a "Christmas" tree?? 🤔😁😁👍👍

• Gina
    Yesterday

Loved your idea! I thought I'd be crazy 😜 cause I wanted to do a Halloween tree. So seeing this reassures me in not the only one. I love fall and the holidays that come from there on after.

• Bryan's Workshop
      Yesterday

We might both be crazy! But hey, we have awesome trees to look at. Please make a post for your tree. I'd love to see.