Spooky Mummy DIY

$9

I turned a styrofoam mannequin head into a Halloween Mummy.

I love doing a little DIY when it comes to Halloween decor. I made a mummy head using a styrofoam mannequin head and some creepy cloth from the Dollar Store.

I started by covering the styrofoam form with tissue paper using some Modge Podge. I used white but if I did this again, I would used off white to blend better with the creepy cloth.

I just brushed on the modge podge to the head and then applied the tissue paper in strips.

I just kept layering until the head was covered.

Next, I cut the creepy cloth into strips.

Then I used the Modge Podge to apply the creepy cloth to the head. I wrapped it like I imagined a mummy would be wrapped.

It took 3 "creepy cloths" to do the job.

I tried to be sure that the details of the face were still distinct and didn't loose shape. When you are done, let the modge podge dry completely. It looked a little suspect until it was dry! It is also pretty sticky and messy so be prepared!

I styled it using another creepy cloth and some spiders from the Dollar Store. This is a fun and easy DIY Halloween project that would be fun for kids as well.

I think it turned out really cute and cost less than $10! You can't go wrong with that!

Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps