Tiny Bathroom Reveal – From Embarrassment to Moody Stunner!

$100

Main floor tiny bathroom reveal! This bathroom was the most difficult and annoying of the planning issues I had here during the renovation. ( To get the whole scoop check out my post all about it here.) I think I made the practical choice on where I ended up putting the bathroom but, really, there were few options and I didn’t like any of them. But now that its fixed and finished I kind of love our tiny bathroom now! First though let’s take a trip back to what this little space looked like before.

I designed this space to be as small as possible with a corner shower so you don’t have to climb over the sink or the toilet to get in it. It took me so long to bother with this tiny bathroom simply because its hardly used.(I can count on one hand the number of times the shower has been used at all since I moved in in 2015!)

But with Lodi here in my life and our guest bedroom complete and ready for family and friends, this bathroom is going to be really USED for the first time.And I wanted anyone staying to feel like they had a nice space and to really be comfortable here. I designed the home so the bathroom and two bedrooms on the main floor have their own private hall which is cool as heck for guests. It means this bathroom will feel practically like their own on-suite!

But it was neglected and dingy…and that was embarrassing!

The vanity was one of my mom’s old dressers when she first moved out on her own when she was 19. Many years ago I refinished it, replaced the hardware with a towel rod and knobs and added the sink. (It provides some decent storage too.)

One of the first things I did when I started work on this room was put another coat of polycrylic on the floors. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: The floors in this little space might be the most beautiful in the whole home!

The Garfield “artwork” I’ve had for many many many years and I thought it added a much-needed smile to this little room. Especially with what I kind of think of as a “fancy and dramatic” paint color and mirror.

I had a towel bar above the toilet (you can see it in the before pic) but there was already a large towel bar on the vanity and this space is so little I felt that was plenty.

That freed up space for artwork above the toilet besides on the wall across from the vanity which I think really adds a lot to this little bathroom. I like the contrast of the teals to the not-quite-purple-black wall color. (The paint is called Black Currant and its by Valspar.)

I purchased the cute little box on the back of the toilet from Amazon. It was a huge splurge for me (and totally weird I didn’t just build one out of barn wood) but its fun!And sometimes its nice to buy something new instead of building it every single time!I did some cheating when I painted this room out by covering up some ugly with a ceiling medallion instead of fixing the sheet rock around the shower head and I think it worked out fine.

All in I’m certainly no longer embarrassed by this little bathroom! I love the paint color! It feels a little feminine, fancy and moody while the other elements still keep the space comfortable and fun.

Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
GrandmasHouseDIY

• Gayle
    Gayle

Love what you did. I could not help but notice the Whale Hugger print you have. I have the same one. One of the last Christmas gifts my mother got me in 1997 before she passed away. She even got it signed. :) We are kindered spirits

• GrandmasHouseDIY
      GrandmasHouseDIY

OMG Gayle I am so excited you shared that with me! My dad gave me that print as a gift back in the '90s too its been with me ever since and I hadn't found the right place for it until I put it in this little bathroom :)

• Jill Krol
    Jill Krol

Okay, so where'd you find that shower? How'd you do the plumbing or was it already in place? What are the dimensions of your tiny bathroom? I really like it.

• GrandmasHouseDIY
      GrandmasHouseDIY

Hi Jill the bathroom is roughly 6x6 and I found the shower at Menards actually :) When I put the bathroom in I was fortunate to have a full basement under it so it was pretty easy to run the plumbing and put it in. Thanks!