Bathroom Makeover in a Day

$50

The client wanted a brighter up to date bathroom.

How I took this, and transformed it to this 👇

Okay to start this bathroom makeover, I spoke with the owner asking what she didn’t like about it.

and she said it was just so dark and cramped feeling.

This is a great size for a half bath, it just needs a little help.

First thing I did was mixed up some home made chalk paint.

Message me on Instagram for my recipe @briannanbrown

First coat on, and I must say... I think this is going to be fabulous!

I used a brush to get into the little grooves of the cabinet doors, and then I went over the entire thing with a small foam roller.

I also used the foam roller to do the cabinet.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

After giving the entire room a fresh coat of white paint.

( I didn’t get a pic sorry 😆)

I added some bright white light bulbs to the light fixture to help brighten the room.

Now that all the paint it done, ( I used a big box fan to help speed up the process)

I assembled the cabinet back together, put the hardware back and and all the outlet and light covers.

Now it is time to decorate.

I am so happy with how it turned out, and it took me less than a day!

The client was also so happy at how much brighter it was, and updated.

What do you think?

The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
15 Memorial Day Crafts
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine

• Lorraine Scott
    Lorraine Scott

Hi Brianna, love the makeover. I read through all the comments and what I want to know, which was previously asked, but not answered.

Did you remove the glossiness of he cabinet by sanding, before painting?

Thank you.

• Brianna
      Brianna

Hello, thank you for your question.

I did not sand down the cabinets at all, I made chalk paint and applied it directly to the cabinet, once dried I applied a clear sealant.

They have held up wonderfully! Hope that helps.

• Donna Nuro
    Donna Nuro

WHAT IS THE EASIEST WAY TO ELIMINATE DUST?

• Brianna
      Brianna

What exactly do you want to eliminate the dust from? If you are meaning while sanding, I recommend using a sander with an attachment bag to collect the dust.

• Christi Polivka
    Christi Polivka

I love the transformation! The before and after pictures are so great—they really show the difference. Where did u get the shelf over the toilet? And can you tell me what is the name of color of paint you used for your cabinet?

• Brianna
      Brianna

Thank you so much, the shelf is one I had on hand from decorsteals

As for the paint color it is called daylight from my local hardware store.

• Melinda Record
    Melinda Record

Wow ~ this is a great transformation! Absolutely love the whole bathroom and your choice of cabinet color and accessories are perfect ... and what's not to love about black and white buffalo checks?!

Thank you for sharing ~ doing this huge of a change in one day is encouraging and inspiring!

• Rosemary
    Rosemary

It looks amazing and may try this on our cottage vanity. The only additional thing I would do is buy the type of paint required and paint the counter top...perhaps a deper gray, black, or white. i realize it does match the floor but would really POP the room if painted.

Also, in case people don't know, you can also paint your handles, towel racks, etc.

Have fun!

• Brianna
      Brianna

Yes, thank you. The client wanted the counter top left as is. The handles were painted for this job.