Valentines Conversation Hearts DIY

$2

How cute are Conversation Hearts?! How about making some to hang in your front window or even on your porch or trees outside?!

This is such an adorably sweet and simple project to do!

Make or buy wood heart slices

You can buy heart slices in a variety of sizes and thicknesses!

DIY hearts are cheapest

OR If you have the tools cutting wood hearts yourself brings the best savings- about $2 per dozen hearts!

Gather supplies

Since I already had the paints, eye hooks and sandpaper this project cost me nothing but I'd say if you make your own hearts you could make about a dozen for $2 or $3.

Insert eye hooks, then paint hearts

The eye hooks just screw into the wood- push and twist.

Then choose your paints- I used acrylics since I have so many already. I chose pink, purple, orange, yellow, blue and white and painted using a foam brush. A few colors required a second coat.

Make or buy stencils or freehand the words

If you have a Cricut and want to use my word stencils you can click here- Conversation Hearts.

If you don't have a Cricut machine carefully write your words using a paint pen.

Here are some simple words and phrases to use:

BEST DAY, YOU SHINE, DREAM BIG, PUPPY LOVE, LOVE BUG, BE TRUE, LOVER BOY, MY GIRL, U R CUTE, SAY YES, TEXT ME, SWEET TALK, KISS ME, HUG ME, BE MINE, LUV YA, SMILE, CUTE, WOW, LOL, HONEY, ANGEL, YES, XOXO.

Paint your wording on

I used red acrylic paint for the conversation heart phrases.

Tie on a ribbon

I had these ribbons in my craft bin but you could use wire, string, raffia or anything else to hang yours.

Protect your work

Since I plan to use mine outdoors I like to spray them with clear gloss spray paint to protect them.

I'm very happy with the addition of the chunky conversation hearts in my trees!

15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings

• Kathrine Anderson
    Kathrine Anderson

So cute!!!!

• Lisa
    Lisa

Oh my goodness,I remember giving those heart candies to all 3 of my children and as they’ve grown up, even found candles with them in it! I now have 3 beautiful granddaughters and can’t wait to make these for their rooms! Thank you again for a great ideal❤️