Quick & Easy DIY Easter Decoration You’ll Love

$9

Spring is around the corner and we’re itching to make DIY Easter decorations! You know we love getting our hands on just about anything and creating unique home decor. Learn how you can quickly create this Dollar Tree inspired DIY Easter decoration using just a few simple supplies.

youtube Video Player

To get started you’ll need a few basic supplies.

• 6 “Special Moments” photo frames (Dollar Tree)
  • 3 packs mini carrots (Dollar Tree)
  • jute
  • hot glue
  • scissors/ paper trimmer
  • FREE Easter art download (available below)

Walking through the Dollar Tree, I was inspired by these small photo frames and mini carrots. Immediately I envisioned these items made into a darling bunting for my mantel.

To begin I laid the supplies out on my table to get a rough idea of how I’d like to display each item.

Then I cut a piece of jute to the length of the bunting with about an extra 12″ to spare on both ends.

Next, fold the jute in half to determine where the middle is.

Then place the jute under the photo frame stand and secure into place with hot glue. Hold into place for a minute until the glue has cooled down.

Before adding the mini carrots to the bunting, I secured each set of carrots together with hot glue.

Then secure each set of carrots to the jute with hot glue in-between each photo frame. Add an additional carrot set to both ends of the bunting.

Download your FREE Easter art here!

To suit your preference, this download is available for “Easter” and “Spring”. Easily print at home or send to your local copy store.

Cut each letter to size using scissors or a paper trimmer. Each letter is cut to approximately 3.3″ high x 2.5″ wide.

Clip each letter into place on each photo frame.

NOTE: Use command hooks to display your DIY Easter decoration. This is a great alternative to putting a nail in the mantel. They’re easy to use, and don’t leave any sticky residue once removed.

To hang on the mantle, tie a knot in the jute near the edge on each side.

Then thread each command hook through the knot.

Finally place your DIY jute tassel onto the hook.

Isn’t this DIY Easter decoration easy to make? Don’t you just love how darling it is? What other creative ways could you use these supplies?

We hope you’ll give this Dollar Tree inspired DIY Easter decoration a try this year!

And as always here at Sunny Side Design

WE HOPE TO BRING YOUR HOME TO THE SUNNY SIDE OF THE STREET!

• Photo frames  (Dollar Tree)
  • Mini carrots  (Dollar Tree)
  • Easter Art  (free download on our website)

These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
Sunny Side Design

• Melody Boling Medlock
    Melody Boling Medlock

This looks great. It really is a clever idea. I've seen a lot of DIY's with those frames and garlands made with the carrots, but not this one.

It's too bad that those frames are really hard to find. I have been searching for over a year and a half. With all of the YouTube channels and Facebook groups dedicated to Dollar Tree DIY's the items that are used the most or most popular fly off of the shelves and become harder and harder to find. Maybe I will just order a box? Thank you for sharing.