Abelia- a Fragrant Mid to Fall Blooming Shrub

Anything that blooms in fall is in my yard or on my 'wish' list because I do not like fall. Fall signals the end of gardening and the end of the fragrance and buzz of nature in the garden.
Today I am picking the Abelia since I saw it in front of Hardee's this morning while hubby and I enjoyed a quiet breakfast together before he went to work. Sitting at the window I just could not get my eyes off the bright pink flowers and the variegated leaves. Hubby just rolled his eyes and said "whatever" as I quickly finished up my biscuit and ran outside to snap some pics. The bees were busy and ignored me as I very carefully held my Samsung 5 up to then to get a good pic.
This is a shrub that is found pretty readily at the garden centers here in zone 7. Pictured here is Kaleidoscope which is a great shrub to mix in with evergreens in the landscape because it stays mounded and reaches about 4x4'. Somewhat drought tolerant and sun to part sun needs, it can go just about anywhere in the landscape. The Abelia is zoned 6-9 but needs protection in colder areas.
Just love it

The Garden Frog with C Renee