Spray Painted Christmas Tree #Christmas Tree

I updated our boring old plastic Christmas tree with a fresh coat of spray paint!
This is the tree before I painted it.
There was nothing wrong with this tree. I felt it was very dark for our home, and since we didn't have any money tied up in it, I decided to give it a facelift.
I chose Rustoleum's Stone Grey in a matte finish to work with. I used 3-4 cans of paint on our 7 foot tree.
I sprayed the tree from top to bottom on all branches. I did not intend to cover the branches 100%, but let some of the green color show through.
The tree now has a beautiful frosty look to it. More details are on the blog.
This is the finished tree. It was a fun, easy project. Sure beats the cost of buying a new tree!
This is the tree after it was all decorated. My family and I agree, we all like the frosty grey color!

21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Jessica C

• Cheryl
    Cheryl

Aren't you afraid of putting lights on top of paint?

• Susan
      Susan
      Just now

I have a white tree that is use outside and this year it was dingy. I used white spray paint to brighten it up, loaded it with mini lights, and have had no issues.

• Deb
    Deb

I often thought of trying this. How long did it take for the spray paint odor to leave? Thanks for the share!

• MiTmite9
    MiTmite9

Our local trash hauler here will recycle Xmas trees as green waste, once the tree is cut in 1/2 (if it is a larger size tree) and left at the curb. If you spray paint a once-live tree, that tree then goes into the landfill. I'd rather keep the trees green and let them be shredded and used as mulch.

• Dahliaqueen
    Dahliaqueen

Clever