Thrift Store Finds Decorate The Front Porch

This is our first Christmas living in our 100 year old Craftsman on Park Rd. in Spokane Valley Washington. It’s so beautiful here and we wanted to make sure our front porch would give a warm and inviting welcome to all our neighbors, friends and family this holiday season. I had already done a little bit of decorating but then we decided to do a little Thrift Store shopping. We scored a Christmas Tree for just $5.00 and an old cupboard for $10.00. With leftover paint and Christmas decorations, we got to work creating a cozy space for all to enjoy.
Come join me for a cup of coffee as I share how we transformed this space.
Before photo of a very worn out cabinet.
After a quick coat of paint, a couple of vinyl letters cut out by my Silhouette and a red berry garland wound up tightly into a circle...we have a Christmas Tree Container.
Time to re-organize and decorate.
Things are starting to come together by adding some color and texture.
Washington is filled with beautiful trees and foliage. Between our property and our neighbors, there was plenty to fill the olive buckets that flank either side of our front door.
Staying in the theme of a rustic Christmas, the other side of our porch carries an old wooden gate with a mounted metal deer head, another lantern for flickering light when the sun goes down and an old red wagon I found on my brother's property after moving to Washington earlier this year.
Time to sit back and enjoy a hot drink and some homemade goodies. You are invited to come see the entire tour on my blog. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Vintage Street Designs

• Kelly

You've created such a welcoming front porch! I LOVE the box you made to hold your tree!

• Hannah V

So wonderful! I love it all :)