Simple Southern Charm
Simple Southern Charm
  • Holly Springs, NC

Armoire Turned Craft Cabinet

It's taken a while, but I've FINALLY relocated the kids playroom up to the third floor. Yup, mama reclaimed the room and decided this would be the first piece of furniture to make it's way into MY new studio space! My new craft cabinet was part of a vintage Thomasville bedroom set that my mom bought on Craigslist. Lucky for me, she didn't need this particular piece.
armoire turned craft cabinet, decoupage, painted furniture
In it's current state, it's a little boring, but the drawers are huge and there's plenty of space for all my goodies.
After giving it a good cleaning and a very light sanding, I painted the entire piece in Lamp White by Fusion Mineral Paint. I really wanted to paint the trim in gold, but hubby wasn't a fan. C'mon hub, get with the program! Doesn't he know gold is making a comeback?!
Since my replacement trim hadn't come in, I decided it was better to leave it all white.
I did manage to work in a little bling with the drawer pulls. Originally, I'd planned to spray the pulls white, but truth be told, the spray paint malfunctioned and so gold it was. I loved the look, but the top and bottom knobs felt a little disconnected. To fix that, I simply added some gold tint from Fusion's tinting kit behind the knobs. Speaking of knobs, OMGeeee how about those knobs!? Aren't they gorgeous!? I bought these floral glass beauties almost a year ago from Anthropologie and have held onto them all this time.
..and this paper, ohhhh this paper! This was another purchase that happened months ago with absolutely no plan in mind. I saw it, loved it and bought it. I'm so excited that I get to see this pop of happiness every day!
I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please make sure to leave me some love. As always, if you have any questions, ask away! xoxo For more details, be sure to check out my blog.
Simple Southern Charm

• Carey

Well, it looks to me like I will have another project to do for my Sewing Craft room when I get it!!! Great Idea!

• Linda Holland

That is Beautiful. I would love to find a piece like that!! You did an awesome redo!!