DIY Cat Deterrent - Stop Furniture Scratching and Urinating on Carpet

I love my cats, but when they started scratching my new couch and one of them started urinating on an area of our carpet, I had to find a solution. I wanted to be sure that it was safe for them, so I did a ton of research and came up with this all natural, chemical free cat deterrent spray. It smells great and works like a charm. My cats don't seem upset, they just avoid the area where I spray it!
That's Macy Grace...our kitten. She came up to the table while I was photographing the cat spray and quickly sniffed and left...she is not a fan of the smell.
You will need clear dish liquid, eucalyptus essential oil, lemon essential oil, water and a clean spray bottle.
Fill your spray bottle 3/4 full with water, then add a few drops of the dish liquid.
Now add the essential oils.
Shake well and spray where you don't want your cats to scratch or urinate. It's always best to make sure that if your cat has urinated on your carpet that you clean it thoroughly to remove the cat urine odor. If there is an area in your home that you don't want your cat to visit, use this spray there as well...they will avoid going around the smell. For the exact recipe and many more homemade cleaning solutions, click the link below and visit my blog!

Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Mom4Real

• Connie S Hayes-Forte
    Connie S Hayes-Forte

Would this work elder dogs who pee every where now. I swear I let her out and she'll come in a pee.

• SAM
      SAM

Spray organic Apple cider vingar on spots and generally all over your carpet ,as it dries the smell will go away to humans but dogs can still smell this ,it's all natural and good for them and they won't go where you spray.

• Robin R Moore
    Robin R Moore

How Can I Stop My Cat From going under the couch she’s torn up everything under the couch and I here crunching noises when she goes under there how can I stop her?

• Alix
    Alix

Does the room smell?

• Anna Mintz
    Anna Mintz

DO NOT DO THIS. Lemon and eucalyptus essential oils are HIGHLY POISONOUS if ingested by a cat, even if diluted!

While it is true that some essential oils can be safe for use around animals, some are absolutely not. Cats' livers cannot produce the enzymes necessary to break down certain oils and they will be poisoned to death if they lick at ANY spot that's been treated with them.

https://articulateanimals.com/blog/2009/10/essential-oils-2/

• Puu7527274
      Puu7527274

Thanks Anna.I never try anything with my kitties unless vet approved.

• Jenny
    Jenny

WOW! Thanks Anna, have just written down these ingredients to use on my new chair that Tuppence thinks is her new scratch post. I’m going to stick with trying double-sided tape. Apparently cats hate the feel of it 🤞🙀😿🐾🐾😊