Apple Crates Shelf

$100

You may have noticed that I have a tendency to constantly redecorate my apartment. That is why I really like to take my time considering if I want to realize a large project. It is just no fun to work for weeks on something, only to take it apart again a few days later because I dont like it anymore. So for the last two months, I tried to decide, if I want an apple crate shelf, or whether the 1000 variations of this project on the internet have already ruined that idea for me. As you can see, I have given myself the green light and at least since yesterday I didnt regret it.
First I bought twelve apple crates from a farm for my shelf, cleaned them, sanded them...
...and then I amused myself for a few days with painting them (and large parts of myself) white.
Since I knew from the beginning that I wanted to mount at least one apple crate without visible support to the wall, I drew twelve small rectangles and pushed these around on paper until I was satisfied with a result. It would have been just too much trouble to test the form for my shelf with the real crates.
Now I only had to stack the crates, screw the top three crates to the wall and fill all that empty space.
Yes, I know. I've only painted white again! But this time I had a really good reason. I knew that the content of the shelf would be colorful and for colors white is just the most beautiful background!
If you like to see more of my projects, just visit my blog :-)

15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Ronja Lotte

• Marmota Peccable

Love it! Do you think the crates would support many books' weight?

• Bassetthound

Books can bend solid board shelves over time. They might pull the crates apart.

• Rachel's Trash~2~Treasures

Why did you only attach the top three? Are the others sorta wedged in there now? This us a great idea for you storage for my boys' room too, but they're climbing hellions. Is this a bad idea? What is your opinion?

• Ruth

I had 3 sons and the slats will break when they climb and start growing and get too heavy. My sons are all grown men now, but I understand! Good luck!