Wind Spinner From Soda Bottle

$1

We made some fun wind spinners from a 2 liter soda bottle, though any size would work. This can be hung from a tree or placed on a dowel that is stuck into the ground. MORE PICS AND VIDEO ON FULL POST HERE

Supplies 2 Liter Soda Bottle with straight sides X-Acto type knife Wipe off marker Acrylic paint Dowel 5/8″ diameter, 36″ tall or longer. (For putting into the ground) Nut and bolt and fishing line (for hanging only) Drill if you’re hanging it.

This shows the steps used. We cut ours using a fancier design but basic curved cuts work just as well! After cutting you can pint the bottle with acrylic or puffy paint. MORE PICS AND VIDEO ON FULL POST HERE

If you're going to hang it rather than place it on a dowel in the ground you need to attach a bolt to the lid as shown. (More photos and details on blog post below)

• Empty soda bottle
  • Paint
  • Fishing line

Nancy at Craft Your Happiness

• Mary lu

great idea, but how did you get the flaps to stay ope? plastic is hard to stay bent.

• Lucy Swayngim

I can't tell from the tiny photo how/ where you cut and what the popsicle stick is used for.

• Hi Lucy! Sorry about that. It is a bit confusing. This was an older post and so it does not have the larger photos like I do now. Those were used to just help bend the plastic so we got a straight fold. If you check out our full post on our site it might be a little clearer. Ü bit.ly/sodabottlewindspinner

• Doreen Kennedy

Such a neat idea. Maybe I’ll try to make one, but modify the design so I can put a cheap solar light inside. Either way, I think it’s a really cute spinner.

• Thanks Doreen. That's my goal... to inspire. Make it your own! I'd LOVE to see a photo if you get it done. Email to nancy@craftyourhappiness.com

• Lovesunique

I like this idea. Wondering how long the cap stays glued with all the spinning!