Mark F.
Mark F.
  • Green Bay, WI

Ugly Rain Barrel Beautiful

Didn't know how to hide an ugly blue rain barrel that was on my deck.
how to make an ugly rain barrel beautiful, gardening, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling
Got this delightful blue rain barrel for my gardens and it stuck out like a sore thumb on my deck. I didn't want to take the time to paint it. I didn't even know if the paint would stay secure or peel season after season. I wanted something that would fit into my landscape and be beautiful.
I had an extra bamboo blind laying around the house. I had purchased it at Big Lots for $15.00 and knew how I could put it to good use quickly and easily.
Wrapped the blind around the rain barrel and used the cords to tie it securely to the barrel.
Cut holes out for the faucets and spigots.
Trimmed off excess bamboo.
Finished with trailing everblooming Petunias. Total time to do was less than 30 minutes. Cost for rain barrel and bamboo blind $25.00.

• Maria R

Where did you get rain barrel for that price. Looks nice. I'll try that.

• Pokey35

If u ask at ur local hospital in the area they may have similar barrels from the laundry dept. Many of the hospitals recieve laundry soap in them for the industrial washers. 10.00 was what i paid for mine.

• Cheryl

How is it collecting the rain water?

• Mark F.

Bought rain barrel kit. Rain barrel is connected to down spout by plastic tube.

• LeeAnn Gerleman

If this was in Colorado, it would be illegal to store rainwater. You don't get water rights with your property. Which is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. A rain barrel is illegal there.

• Phillipcardjr

@LeeAnn Gerleman Interesting to know. You would think that rain from heaven that haddn't touched the ground wouldn't be the governments to regulate. The wrap around is great though.

• LeeAnn Gerleman

I agree. But hey they don't listen to me.