Vintage Doily Table Runner

$5
1.5 Hours

Long before I ever thought of becoming a blogger I found a project on Pinterest that I just loved, in fact it was one of my very first pins. The project was a table runner made of vintage doilies by Under the Sycamore. I thought it was so cute. It is full of vintage charm but with a unique modern twist. I instantly knew I wanted to make one. So I set out to find some vintage doilies. A couple of weeks later
diy vintage doily table runner, crafts, dining room ideas, how to, repurposing upcycling
I finally got the kick in the pants I needed this month with our Monthly DIY Challenge Group. This months theme was Pinterest Inspired Projects. What a perfect time to get this long over due project done. I'm so glad I did too because I just love the way it all came together!
To check out all the other awesome Pinterest Inspired Project please click over to my website. There are so many talented ladies, you won't be disappointed.
This project was a long time coming for me to complete this, but I think it was worth the wait! Do you ever collect everything you need for a project and then forget about them? It happens to me all too often, but it is something I am working on. I would love to hear about your forgotten and rediscovered projects below!
Pocketful of Posies

• Maribeth Kasper

I like this table runner you made out of dollies. Can you use a hot glue gun to attach them instead of sewing them? What do you think? Please get back to me in this regards I'd appreciate your time. Thanks for sharing and happy holidays to you and yours.

• @Maribeth Kasper Your table runner is very pretty! I wouldn't recommend hot glue. You should use a fabric glue instead - Unique Stitch is fast drying and washable!

• Karen Leonard

Besides estate sales were can l find doilies?

• Donna

Yard sales, flea markets, antique stores. I prefer the old, handmade ones!

• Starkeeper

I did switch over to your website to see how you attached them, but it bright me back to this site, which tells me to switch. please?.. I have tons of moms doilies and my whole house is done with decorating with them. I would like to know how to do the runner without destroying them. thx

• Gmalou

Hi Starkeeper, I wanted to tell you, I have the same situation. I have moms' doilies every where, and still have leftovers. I 'm going to do the same thing with my extras. What a great idea this is!