DIY Plate Chargers

I love setting a beautiful table and adding plate chargers is a great way to make your table scape look pretty.
Pretty plate chargers with a non-Christmas look are very hard to find, and when you do find some pretty ones, they can be quite expensive. I set up this pretty, Spring-like plate setting using metallic serving trays that I upcycled into plate chargers.
Whenever I am thrifting, I always pick up a few metal serving trays and look for different patterns. They are usually priced anywhere from $1.00 to $4.00 each and are very easily found.
Here are the materials I used:
6 thrifted metal serving trays
"Elegance" Country Chic Paint
"Silver Bullett" Metallic Cream
Clear Wax
So here are the original 6 trays that I started with.
I applied the soft blue paint colour. After the paint dried, I sanded and distressed them lightly and sealed them with wax.
To emphasize the raised details on the platters, I applied the silver metallic cream concentrating mainly around the raised edges.
The silver metallic cream over the blue paint has a pearl-like look to it and it is very subtle. You can apply the metallic cream with a brush, but I actually used my fingers for this project as it was just easier to spot apply it on the raised details.
This is a very simple DIY project that can be completed in about 1-1/2 hours with drying time.
I love the look of the different patterns mixed together and emphasized with the Metallic Cream.

Mary Vitullo - Orphans With Makeup