Kitchen Command Center 2.0

355K Views
I put in a command center for organizing all "the stuff" in our old kitchen and loooooved it. (Click here to see how that one looked!) And then we moved. After a month, the piles of "stuff" we unavoidable so I created a kitchen command center 2.0... this time around, I realized what I needed (pockets for all the paperwork that comes through our door), a cork board for business cards and important action items, baskets to store gadgets/ sunglasses/ etc, something for MY pens (i.e. AWAY from children's sticky fingers), and bonus... a roll of paper. I had the perfect wall...
  • kitchen command center 2 0, kitchen design, organizing, wall decor
Kitchen Command Center 2.0 in all her finished glory. Come on in and I'll show you all the features!

These baskets are bathroom storage from Ikea. I found the desk accessories container at Homegoods and spray painted it white... it's magnetic and great storage for paperclips and thumbtacks.
The command center is looking ever better now that we've painted over the mustard paint color that came with the house! The white paint makes the whole wall look 100% fresher and more organized!
Visit my blog and leave me a note so I can say hi: At Charlotte's House

Suggested materials for this project:

At Charlotte's House

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!

Ask a Question
    • Heliane Ripley
      Heliane Ripley Fort Worth, TX

Nicely done!I could use something like this in my house.

• Jdslas
        Jdslas Denver, CO

Great job! I like the idea that is on a hidden wall, next to the sink, that I'm sure sees a lot of action. The little 'cubbie' areas keeps little things corralled and the wire baskets are easy to see what they contain. I think the only thing I would lose and put under the sink is the paper towels. I don't know if you could have put a holder on one of the doors under the sink or not but the towel rack seems a little low. Very nice design. :)

• At Charlotte's House
            At Charlotte's House Southport, CT

@Jdslas Thanks!! @Honeylamb is correct... that's a roll of craft paper for the kids bigger art projects! :) This command center is totally on point.. love having a cork board and everything is filling up fast!