Repurposing an Old Spice Rack Into a Craft Paint Organizer
I see these spice racks occasionally at thrift stores and have always thought they'd be good for organizing...something. I decided to use one to corral craft paint and brushes, but they'd be great for glitter or sewing supplies too.
1. Sand and clean. Sometimes they get gunky from kitchen grease, after serving as a spice rack on the countertop next to the stove.
2. Paint and decorate. Have fun with it!
3. Attach eye hooks on side to hold brushes. Pilot holes help.
4. Attach handle on top for carrying. (See blog post for easy tips!)
5. I lined the openings with weatherstripping to prevent the paint bottles from slipping around.
6. Load it up!
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!
Published April 9th, 2014 9:38 AM
2 of 162 comments