Pink Flamingo Planter
I've been on a bit of a 'flamingo kick' and wanted a planter for flowers. I got out some paper and made patterns to cut with my jigsaw. They were cut, sanded and checked for fit.
All of the pieces were primed and then given two coats of paint. Then they were distressed with 220 grit sandpaper.
Everything was sprayed with a clear sealer and then it was time to assemble. I used E6000 to attach the wings to the sides and then added screws from the inside.
Next came the beginning of the box. This is where my dear hubby helped. Since I'm not known for drilling exactly straight LOL! The front and back pieces were screwed to the bottom of the box.
The sides, with the wings were screwed on next:
The next part to attach was the head/neck.
The screws were sunk a bit so they could be filled with wood dough and painted. The dimensions are approximately 20"L x 10"W x 15"H.
This planter lives on my porch now and is filled with flowers all summer.
Be sure to stop by my blog to see more of my projects!
- Wood screws