Dresser Refresh Inspired by Vintage Sheets

I am honored to be part of a SUPER awesome new group called Furniture Refresh. It’s made up of some really amazing bloggers that will be following monthly themes and Refreshing old pieces of furniture. This months theme is: Inspired By. YOu can check out all of the other projects from the group by going clicking HERE:
Such a fun theme to start us off.
So I went on the hunt for the perfect piece and found this old dresser on Craigslist for 60.00 bucks and thought it would be the perfect candidate for a Dresser Refresh. I’m absolutely in love with old vintage sheets, and decided to make that my Inspiration for this piece.
Start off by removing all of your hardware and cleaning the entire Dresser THOROUGHLY. I used Dutch Boys Chalky finish paint so I didn't have to do any other prep work than that. Easy right??
After painting the entire dresser, including the drawers, I distressed it using a sanding block and 80 Grit Sandpaper. I like my pieces to look really worn and chippy so I sand a lot of the paint off. Mostly in the areas you'd expect normal wear and tear. After distressing it I used minwax furniture wax to seal the whole thing EXCEPT THE DRAWERS. If you put wax on the drawers the napkins won't stay on properly.
I then Peeled apart 3-ply Napkins and added them to the fronts of the dresser drawers using modge podge. So easy and SO PRETTY I love how it turned out and hope you do too.
For a full list of supplies I used and a more detailed description on how to add the napkins to your piece, follow the link below over to the blog.

3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Stacey @addisonmeadowslane

• Linda
    Linda

how can u make cushions for a wooden bench that has a back

• Lisa Burnett Modisett
      Lisa Burnett Modisett

You can buy foam at the fabric store and wrap it with fabric of your choice.

or purchase an outdoors cushion (end of season clearance) and cover it.

• Genie
    Genie

The heading indicated you were using sheets not napkins. I have a dresser I want to partly decoupage using a bed sheet. Can this be done using the same supplies as your napkins ?

• Leslie leMoine
      Leslie leMoine

How do you attach the starched sheets to the wall? How Long do you soak them in starch? Do you add water when soaking. Ok....just please tell me how you do this....🙏🏼😊

• Tammy Ellis
    Tammy Ellis

Mod Podge not Modge Podge.

• Lori Ward-Laatsch
    Lori Ward-Laatsch

I have a dresser that looks very similar to this, wheels and all, but it is just raw wood, the drawer will fall out if you pull to far, not hardware, even the handles are raw wood. I plan to pant it blue with the top a dark shiny wood and use transfers to put something on the front. I am stumped on handles/drawer pulls. I was thinking of the silver glass kind that are distressed. When I actually get the courage to start it that is.