Let Me Show You How To Make Scented Pine Cones

I love scented pine cones. They are pricey to purchase! Because we have pine cones in our yard, half of the cost is free!
This is so easy and nothing says holiday more than the scent of cinnamon and evergreens.
This process takes a little time to cure(2 weeks).If you do not want to do this natural process, you can purchase the cinnamon essential oil at your craft store.Purchase cinnamon sticks and olive oil.Fill container of sticks with oil.Replace cap. Set aside for 2 weeks to cure.
Pre rinse pine cones.Drain.
Pre heat oven 200 degrees. Place pine cones on a cookie sheet evenly.Bake for 30 min. Cool. Place pine cones in a zip tight bag.For me it worked best to use a spray bottle to spray my mixture into the bag to saturate the cones.You can pour the liquid in as well. Seal your bag, and put away to cure.(Approx. 2 to 4 weeks). This process takes time,but so worth it.
Hmmmmm! The great smell of scented pine cones and evergreens thru out your home Says Welcome Fall and the Holidays.
A Tip (If you do not want the scent of your pine cones strong smelling, cut back on the liquid or use few pine cones to display).You can always store some pre bagged for a later date as the scent fades.

Ana illausky

• Natasha

Can you use any other scent like a lavender or jasmine

• Samantha Blake Corl Ventura

Okay, I have quite a few pine trees but also sweet gum trees. My question is: Would it be possible to follow the same steps and infuse some of the dried out ‘Gum-balls’ from my yard? Thank!

• MaryAnn

Can you tell us how much Cinnamon Essential Oil to use, also, how much to use to replenish the Pine smell as it fades? What proportion of Pine Essential Oil would be ideal? I have Balsam Fir EO as well. Would we still mix the Essential Oils with Olive Oil? Can the cinnamon sticks still be used for scented ornaments? Sorry, so many questions, my use of Essential Oils is limited to medical purposes thus far. Could some whole cloves and orange EO be added to this mixture.? Can some of the leftover oil be used in a warming diffuser?

• Joann

😇

• MaryAnn

Definitely interested! I will definitely do this!. Not just for the holidays, but for the spring too. Lavender, lilac, lily of the valley, honeysuckle, Rosemary, thyme, lemon. I have a recipe for clay ornament diffusers too. Hang them in my closets and tuck them among the drawers in oil proof wrapping.