Repotting My Dwarf Meyer Lemon Tree

Set the tree in the pot and continue filling with soil. You want there to be some room left at the top about 1.5 inches with the crown roots just above the soil line. Then give it a good watering, making sure that the water runs through the bottom. Gently tamp down the soil to remove any air pockets. Once it has finished draining move it (don't drop it) to its normal location. Mine is in the dining room now that the nights are colder. I have a full-spectrum bulb that is on a timer for 14 hours a day.

Patti @Hearth and Vine

• Leilani Burns

I live in S. CA and have one in my yard... Im moving to WA next yr.. I wish I could dig it up.. and take it with me. Would you recommend?

• Superbee

@Leilani Burns I hope they allow you to bring it into the state (Washington). Some states have restrictions about such things. I live in so Cal too and wish I were moving back to Washington!! (my home state)...Hope it all works out for you :)

• Lyn1859987

I have an orange tree that I grew from a tiny plant. it is now about three feet tall and covered in mini oranges. I take it in and out seasonally. I have put it in a larger pot, but I have noticed a lot of yellow leaves since I brought it in but it seems inundated with oranges I have never seen so many on such a small tree. So is the yellowing due to the increase in fruit ? I don't think it is watering I am very careful about it?

• Patti @Hearth and Vine

@Lynda Hmmm could be from the change of environment. Hopefully it will straighten out for you soon. Also, check for any insects, especially under the leaves.

• Lionnessone

I live in Toronto Canada. I love citric fruit. Can I crow any citric fruit trees in my every ending changing weather? Outside during spring/summer, indoors during fall/winter??? Thank you.

• Joan

I have always wondered if they really grow indoors, but you've proven that they do, I'm going to give it a try!

• Wendy Ann Short

I have wanted to do it, but now I'm going to try it. Thanks for sharing

• Patti @Hearth and Vine

@Wendy just make sure that the potting mix is drains very quickly. After I wrote this post I ended up adding some perlite and bark to the mix so that it drained even quicker. I water it very thoroughly once a week with Miracid and it seems to like that schedule.