A Scroogeless Front Porch, Thanks to an Old Fence Christmas Tree

I'm truly embarrassed to admit, I don't remember the last time I decorated the outside of my house for Christmas. Blame it on the house needing more work. Things not up to par just don't make great backgrounds!
But as I glanced around the neighbourhood, and spotted festive toboggans and fresh evergreen branches at other's doorsteps, I looked back at my own mess, called myself a Scrooge, and decided to change that this year.
Gathering up some old fence wood, this cute, rustic Christmas tree transpired in a matter of a couple of hours.
What Scrooge? :)
Here's how I did it...
You can't help but smile when you now approach the front door and are greeted with a garbage can beside a bunch of old wood in the form of a Christmas tree! It's festive, and year around! And bonus... it's easy to take apart after Christmas if you don't have the room to store it.
Junkers, this one's for you...
It all started with an old fence I brought home in the summer. My poor neighbours had to stare at this mess for WEEKS.
I think my neighbours deserve some Christmas cookies as a thank you for not kicking me out of the neighbourhood....
Start with a stand. A couple of planks and two legs is all that's needed.
Attach a tall post to the stand.
Tip: Make the stand a little bigger than I made mine. Let's just call this one a 10pm brainstorm.
Starting with the bottom tree plank, cut your edges.
Tips on how to cut ALL the planks perfectly without a measuring tape are in the original blog post link below.
Mark the centres of all the planks, and screw to the main post.
And the star... you cannot forget the junk star!
The scraps from the tree edges were used to create this cute thing... with one modification. The blog post below explains how.
All that's left is deciding how you wish to decorate it up!
What Scrooge? :)
The blog link below leads you to the full tutorial to this project, plus all my other junk styled Christmas projects on the blog. Merry Junk Christmas to you!
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna

Questions on this post

Your question...
  3 questions

Comments

2 of 35 comments
Next