From Bicycle Basket to Kitchen Storage...for Just $2!

$2

Thrift store junk turned creative, eye-catching kitchen storage! For just $2 and 5 minutes, it was the easiest addition to this house flip!
**I buy dated, ugly houses and flip them! Come follow along on this crazy house-flipping life full of DIY projects at my blog The Bachelorette Pad Flip: https://bachelorettepadflip.wordpress.com/
My $2 thrift store find: a bicycle basket.
I stumbled on this vintage, metal bicycle basket at a thrift store for $2. I didn't need a bicycle basket, but I did need some kitchen storage!
I removed all the brackets and separated the baskets. Once the brackets were removed, I had two single baskets.
Always keep a bag of loose screws...
Using some leftover screws (I always keep a bag of loose nails and screws from projects), I screwed the single basket to the side of my kitchen cabinets.
After I hung the basket, I gathered some of my fun, vintage cookbooks and slid them into the basket. In under five minutes, I had eye-catching, functional storage in my kitchen. I also think it would be cute to store rolling pins or cutting boards in the basket!

Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
The Bachelorette Pad Flip

• Jewellmartin

Cool idea. When you do your flips, do you stage them with your own belongings to help the houses sell? Have you flipped many places yet? You look very young.

• Shirley

I have that cooky book, since Christmas 1968! Unfortunately, sometime in the 1990's, our dog ate two of the corners, but I still use it.

• Maureen

Best Cookie Book EVER!

Nice idea!

• Sharon

I've been looking for an idea to store garbage bags on the inside wall of my tiny pantry. This just might be it! Hooray!