DIY Master Bedroom Built-ins

92K Views
Our master bedroom was a big old square. Great on size but otherwise pretty bland. We dreamed of a space that was romantic and moody. A space much different than the rest of our house. The first project we tackled was a feature wall with wainscoting and built-in dressers and bookcases. It's the paint color though that really gives the space it's character. Still on the agenda is a headboard, new flooring, and a pretty fantastic ceiling treatment.
You can get all the details for this project and the source list on our blog.
Time: 3 WeeksDifficulty: Medium
  • diy master bedroom built ins, bedroom ideas, storage ideas, woodworking projects
For the built-ins we started with an the Ikea Tarva dresser then built bookcases to fit on top of them.
This is what out master bedroom looked like when we bought the house.
This is the space right after we finished installing all the crown molding. It gives you an idea of how everything went up on the wall.
What a difference paint makes! The color is BM Blue Echo.
Shelf styling isn't really my forte but that's the next thing to tackle on my list. I love the way the brass pops against the dark color!
The amazing brass wall sconces are perfect reading lights and are made by Barn Light Electric.

Suggested materials for this project:

Prices updated as of July 13, 2018 2:54 AM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Simply Swider- Stephanie