DIY Master Bedroom Built-ins

3 Weeks

Our master bedroom was a big old square. Great on size but otherwise pretty bland. We dreamed of a space that was romantic and moody. A space much different than the rest of our house. The first project we tackled was a feature wall with wainscoting and built-in dressers and bookcases. It's the paint color though that really gives the space it's character. Still on the agenda is a headboard, new flooring,
diy master bedroom built ins, bedroom ideas, storage ideas, woodworking projects
For the built-ins we started with an the Ikea Tarva dresser then built bookcases to fit on top of them.
This is what out master bedroom looked like when we bought the house.
This is the space right after we finished installing all the crown molding. It gives you an idea of how everything went up on the wall.
What a difference paint makes! The color is BM Blue Echo.
Shelf styling isn't really my forte but that's the next thing to tackle on my list. I love the way the brass pops against the dark color!
The amazing brass wall sconces are perfect reading lights and are made by Barn Light Electric.

Benjamin Moore Blue Echo Paint
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 11, 2018 10:41 PM - More info
Simply Swider- Stephanie

• Iva22240033

What type and size of wood did you use to make the headboard area?

• Kathleen

There doesn't appear to be a headboard per se. It's just the wall with molding strips on it. She said a headboard was a future project but I like it as is!

• Kelly Scott Brown

Love it but do you have a lot of issues dusting?

• Debra DeSierra

How difficult is it to change the bedding in such tight quarters?

• Ida May Chapa

I have to move mattress to end of bed now anyways to put sheet straps on each corner so the sheets dont keep coming off so moving it out to sheet the bed wont be any different then .

• Diana

Awesome and what a difference with the whole style and mood of the space.. awesome!!!

• Alison Bulick Gilroy

Fabulous! My master is perfect for this! Thank you!