Natural Weed Killer

$4
1 Day

Raise your hand if you hate weeds! I totally hate weeds. Can't stand them, and they're always creeping up into my yard, between my pavers, everywhere! Most people I know use that awful poison, and while that works, I do not want to spray that stuff anywhere I step. This recipe is a great organic weed killer. It's definitely the best natural weed killer, and you can easily substitute the apple cider vinegar for white vinegar.
Here’s some weeds. My weeds. In my yard. I gotta get rid of these.

Step 1: Gather Your Materials
I used apple cider vinegar, Epsom salt, and a spray bottle. Step 2: Pour the Vinegar in Your Bottle
I added two cups of apple cider vinegar to the bottle. If your bottle is smaller, then you'll probably have to add less. But don't worry about it; you can always refill. Step 3: Add the Epsom Salt
I funneled in a 1/4 cup of Epsom salt. Step 4: Shake Well and Spray
I shook up the bottle until the Epsom salt dissolved. Then I sprayed the weed very well.
The weeds totally dried up 24 hours later (its pretty hot right now during the summer, so that also helped). I was able to simply brush them away. I'm sure if your weeds are thicker and stronger, you might have to yank them a bit, but this weed killer will definitely help.
No more weeds! This is the best weed killer!
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• Gayla

I want to try this for my weeds but I have some weeds around my shrubs and flowers. Will this kill them too or do I need to try something else for them?

• GG

Since vinegar alone will do the same thing, what is the purpose of the Epsom salts?

• Ashley

I read that the purpose of the salt is to dehydrate the weed. Salt remains in the dirt after the initial weed is gone helping to prevent new weeds from growing back so quickly.

• A. Springs

I've noticed that after using this solution on my driveway, etc. it has also removed the moss on my foundation blocks. Is this solution in any way harmful to vinyl siding? I would like to use it there to take away the rest of the moss on the shadiest part of my house where I have to wash down the siding to keep the moss at bay.

• Laura

;-D

• Cecilia

I've tried white vinegar mixed with water before, as well as regular salt and water. Both worked when I experimented at one time...but I haven't used it in huge quantity. I might try it again...