Error loading player:
No playable sources found
Shawna Bailey
Shawna Bailey
  • West Orange, NJ

Natural Weed Killer

$4
1 Day

Raise your hand if you hate weeds! I totally hate weeds. Can't stand them, and they're always creeping up into my yard, between my pavers, everywhere! Most people I know use that awful poison, and while that works, I do not want to spray that stuff anywhere I step. This recipe is a great organic weed killer. It's definitely the best natural weed killer, and you can easily substitute the apple cider vinegar
natural weed killer
Here’s some weeds. My weeds. In my yard. I gotta get rid of these.

Step 1: Gather Your Materials
natural weed killer
I used apple cider vinegar, Epsom salt, and a spray bottle. Step 2: Pour the Vinegar in Your Bottle
natural weed killer
I added two cups of apple cider vinegar to the bottle. If your bottle is smaller, then you'll probably have to add less. But don't worry about it; you can always refill. Step 3: Add the Epsom Salt
natural weed killer
I funneled in a 1/4 cup of Epsom salt. Step 4: Shake Well and Spray
natural weed killer
I shook up the bottle until the Epsom salt dissolved. Then I sprayed the weed very well.
natural weed killer
The weeds totally dried up 24 hours later (its pretty hot right now during the summer, so that also helped). I was able to simply brush them away. I'm sure if your weeds are thicker and stronger, you might have to yank them a bit, but this weed killer will definitely help.
natural weed killer
No more weeds! This is the best weed killer!

• BELLA

Don't forget to label the bottle, especially if you have little ones. This really works for weeds, and will kill anything it's sprayed on.

• Makeba Tabor

I saw this on another site but it also included a tbsp of dish detergent that is not antibacterial. The article stated that the detergent is just another source of weed killer that works well with vinegar and salt but not alone and also allows the vinegar and salt to stay on the weeds . I also just combined the 1cup salt and 1tbsp of dish detergent in the entire 1-gallon bottle of white vinegar, since I was pouring in my driveway and didn't have to worry about touching any grass. I then shook up the bottle before pouring on each area of weeds. I did this around noon, because the other site stated that the best results are when it is hot out. I forget to take a before pic but this is a picture of the after.

• Rockyroad

My mix was : 1 G cleaning vinegar ( a bit stronger) ; 1Cup table salt ;1 tbls Dawn (to act as tackifier) , put Dawn in last to avoid over sudsy mix . Any possibility your spray didn't dry well before rain ? Warmer weather best . Sometimes spray twice is needed for stubborn weeds . I've used chemicals , like Round-up , for years and was surprised how well this worked .