Kaysi Gardner
Kaysi Gardner
  • Kennewick, WA

DIY Sofa Table for Only $30

$30
1 Day

Do you ever walk around your house and decide that you need to change things up? Make things like more grown up? Well about two months ago, that was me. I decided that I wanted to make my house look nicer and not as "cutesy". So one particular day I had had enough with some of my decor so I took out a hammer and started taking things down. And I am happy to say that I love the area so much more than I
diy sofa table for only 30, painted furniture
This is the little corner in our loft that I decided to rip down one day. It's at the very top of our stairs and it's one of those wasted spaces that I tried to make functional. Well I had had enough of the squares on the wall and that was the first thing to go. But when I put up a long window, I decided that I needed to get rid of the cabinet too. So I decided to build myself a table, completely by myself! :)
The first thing I did was figured out how big I wanted the table to be and then I bought the wood accordingly. I used 2x8s, 2x4s and 2x2s. For the top, I cut the 2x8s the same length and then screwed them together.
Then I cut the 2x4s to be the legs and put them onto the table.
Here is what it looks like with the legs.
Then I made a little shelf for the bottom. After that was done, I completely sanded the whole thing. For more details on how I made this, make sure to check out my full blog post that has lots of pictures of each step.
I stained the top of it dark brown and painted the bottom white.
And that's it! It actually turned out really nice and it didn't cost much money at all.
Here is the window that I put in the space, the table looks so much better there now than the cabinet did! And plus with the big baskets, I have more storage for my blankets and diapers/wipes.
I had fun decorating this fun space! It' so bright and it makes me so happy every time I see it!

• Wood
  • Paint
Kaysi Gardner