I've Been Framed!! Said No TerraCotta Pot Ever

I don't know about you but I love creating art for the garden, especially this time of the year, when the seasons change. Here in the Southern Hemisphere Autumn has arrived in all her glory and that makes me a little sad. I'm not really a Autumn kinda person  Are you?

The only way to I know how to cheer myself up is to make something for the garden. I found some small terracotta pots that we use for our seedlings and they were the perfect starting point to get rid of those Autumn blues.
i ve been framed said no terracotta pot ever
As luck would have it we also had an old frame in the garage that had been collecting dust for quite a while. A quick wipe and a bit of spray paint and the frame looked much better.
The russet colored frame and the terracotta pots would look lovely together. The colors reminded me of Autumn leaves. I just needed to figure out how to hang the pots inside the frame. Wire vine to the rescue. That’s the stuff that florists use to make rustic bouquets and stuff

Using a glue gun I wound the rope around the pots, starting at the bottom and working my way towards the top. Before gluing the last bit down I made two loops in the wire on either side of the terracotta pots. By threading an extra piece of vine wire through the loops, I can hang the terracotta pots inside the frame.
All I needed to do was add something green and Spring like to the mix to remind me that all things change and seasons come and go.
This weird little beauty is called a shoelace bush (Crassula lycopodioides). She's water wise and never complains. In fact, the more you ignore her, the better she grows. My kinda plant  And she looks stunning framed.
Isn’t she just gorgeous? And that color!!! So fresh and Spring like. We hung the framed terracotta pots on the wall outside and I love the pops of green. Knowing how quickly the shoe lace bush grows, it won’t be long before there’ll be an explosion of Spring inside that frame.
Do the seasons affect your mood too. Please tell me I'm not the only one. Which is your favorite season?

A Crafty Mix - Michelle