DIY Wood Sign Using Paint Sticks

We’ve repainted our house so many times that we have endless paint buckets and a ton of paint sticks laying around. I’ve been really into wood signs that are all over Pinterest and then came across one with paint sticks and H A D to test it out. This cost me NOTHING - yup, free as can be since I have everything already!
diy wood sign using paint sticks
Lay your paint sticks with the writing facing up - this will be the backside!
diy wood sign using paint sticks
You don't need to but I wanted to even out these pieces so I cut them down with my Ryobi wireless saw.
diy wood sign using paint sticks
Sand down the rough edges if you do cut them down.
diy wood sign using paint sticks
Grab two other paint sticks and line them vertically/properly spaced out depending on your sign's size. This will secure all the pieces together!
diy wood sign using paint sticks
Use wood glue and place them on the back of the board.
diy wood sign using paint sticks
I used two weights to ensure that they do not move while drying. Let these dry completely!
diy wood sign using paint sticks
Flip it over and now you have a blank canvas! I spray painted mine white but you can stain it if you'd like. Grab some paint and add whatever detail you heart desires!
diy wood sign using paint sticks
I wanted to make it look more finished so I measured the edges and grabbed an extra piece of wood that I cut down with my Ryobi table saw to fit around it - like a frame! If you have an old frame that you don't use anymore and it fits, use that.
diy wood sign using paint sticks
diy wood sign using paint sticks
diy wood sign using paint sticks
I am dedicating my Monday's to showing you guys just how quick, easy and cheap DIY's can be but they don't have to look cheap! Have a great week my beautiful Hometalk family - be sure to follow me on Instagram for more creativity.

• Paint sticks  (Hardware Store)
  • Wood glue  (Hardware Store)
  • Saw (optional)  (Around the house)
Rachel Metz

• Linda Lavallee

I love this project & am going to make it, mainly because Tim McGraw beautiful song is worth displaying. Thanks for info

• Anne Queen

Very Inspired i would love to try it It awsome I love how you give every step of the way ie where to buy products x

• Rachel Metz

It says where to get them in the ingredients! Just tailor it to what's local to you.