Cleaning Jewelry Tips

$0

I get asked a lot how I keep my diamond ring so shiny and sparkly. I know Hometalk is a great place to share home tips but it's nice to feel good about ourselves and what we're wearing while we're in our home too.
cleaning jewelry tips, cleaning tips
So today, I'm sharing my jewelry cleaning tips for you. It's not fancy by any means but works great.
cleaning jewelry tips, cleaning tips
I use a small ramekin and add water. It can be bottled or tap. Fill it up about 2/3 of the way.
cleaning jewelry tips, cleaning tips
Then place in microwave to get it hot, not quite boiling.
cleaning jewelry tips, cleaning tips
For our's it's about 22 seconds, but every microwave is different.
cleaning jewelry tips, cleaning tips
Then add Windex. I add about 10 squirts and the water will bubble as shown below. Then drop your ring in and walk away.
cleaning jewelry tips, cleaning tips
I let it set at least 1/2 hour. Then I use a small brush (it can be a jewelry cleaning or old soft toothbrush) and brush gently under the stone too. Rinse off with cold water and pat dry with cotton cloth.
cleaning jewelry tips, cleaning tips
VOILA. Sparkly diamond!!! Super easy and inexpensive way to clean your jewelry.
Disclosure: I am not a jewelry expert but just sharing what works for me and our family.
Have a great day, Lisa
ConcordCottage.com with Lisa Walsh Huff Kroll

• Linda Partridge

Ammonia soaking will clean and shine ..I use this..chains, rings and etc....also for a quick clean ,I use a soft toothbrush and toothpaste.

• Nona

I use denture cleaning tablets and a kids toothbrush. The bubbles really get to the small nooks and crannies in the back of the rings and necklaces