David McIntosh
David McIntosh
  • Tutorial Team
  • Huntersville, NC

Homemade Dog Food and Toy Station

My goal was to have a place to store all of the dog supplies we use daily. The big bag of dog food, containers for treats, and a place to tore the leash.
homemade dog food and toy station
Perfect Spot for the Doggie Station! Now I just have to look trough my scrap pile and figure out what materials I have to use.
homemade dog food and toy station
I started by buying some screw top containers at the dollar store. This would drive the shelf size.
I built a small shelf with dividers using 1/2" plywood. In the middle I made a place for the doggie bags, putting a small lip on the front to keep them from falling out.
homemade dog food and toy station
Next came the dog bag. I thought about making a dispenser on the bottom, but from all my reading online, they get stuck trying to close the opening... plus, they can be messy, so I decided to just make a simply flip top to gain access to the bag.
In my creative high, I regrettably made a tapper so the bottom was thinner than the top to give it an artistic flare. The only issue is when I put a new full bag in I have to shuffle it in so the bottom fits in. I forgot the bag of food is bigger on the bottom. Live and learn.
homemade dog food and toy station
Next came the accessories. I had an old coat rack that I harvested the hardware. 2 hooks to hold the leash and toy.
homemade dog food and toy station
Simple hinged top. I added some bumpers just so it wont drop and make a slam sound. The lid doesn't fit the square, but from the top you cant tell and it is really just to cover the bag from view, not seal it from air.
homemade dog food and toy station
A simple French cleat holds it to the wall.
homemade dog food and toy station
Here it is... I even added a night light (LED minimal light) so our dog can see all those loose crumbs she missed earlier.
Keeps the bag out of the way and is low enough the kids can even reach in to feed the dog.
homemade dog food and toy station
Our dog is spoiled!

1 comment
  • Wendy

This is such a great use of space, love it :)