Pete Sveen
Pete Sveen
  • Bozeman, MT

How to Make a Patio Party Bar - DIY

$225
Advanced

Make a Bar for your patio and enhance your time outdoors this summer!
how to make a patio party bar diy
Start by constructing the base. This is done with 2×4 boards and fence pickets. Notice that the wood used for this project is cedar, but to bring costs down other woods wood work as well.
how to make a patio party bar diy
Next step is to attach fence pickets around the outside of the bar.

how to make a patio party bar diy
Continue by drilling in the boards around the whole circumference.
how to make a patio party bar diy
Next, I made the top and attached it.
how to make a patio party bar diy
After adding the concrete top and lighting bring it out to your patio or deck for a fun sunny summer afternoon or evening :)
how to make a patio party bar diy
Download the Free plans at https://gumroad.com/l/concretepartybar

• Fence Pickets
  • Drill
  • 2x4 Boards

To see more: http://www.diypete.com/

• Gerry Manchester

Did someone make a holein the top of the concrete to b able to put the sink in? If so what did u use to make it happen? Its so cool n great thought process it looks amazing. 😊

• Pete Sveen

I used a piece of foam as a knockout. I traced the pattern on a 1 1/2 inch thick sheet of foam, cut it out with a jigsaw, and then taped around it to give it a smooth finish.

• K.

More of a comment than a question, it looks GREAT!!! I am disabled so I couldn't do that by myself but I did make a Bar in my garage several years ago. I will include a photo of it (the photo was taken around Christmas time '14)

, Christmas Time 2014
  • Pammie Bennett

How did you put the lights in?

• Jessica Hoffman

I absolutely love this! I have watched so many of your videos, Pete... and you have inspired me to do my own projects! I have gone from the typical mani pedi, shoe, handbag loving woman to slowly building a collection of "shop tools, wood, paints and stains! The only things I have done even close to concrete as of now, has been some of the "feather finish" projects- with a little tweaking to make my own. I have always been intimidated to try actual concrete, mostly because it's heavy... but also because I lack patience! Waiting for it to cure... would definitely be "growth" for me! Lol
    I think I am going to try this. It's beautiful and seems manageable for me- not too heavy, but big enough that it will be a "wow" when done!
    Thanks so much for sharing your projects with the world!!!!

• Pete Sveen

Hi Jessica! Thanks so much for the kind words and it is awesome to hear you are having fun building, and are thinking you might take the plunge into dabbling with concrete! I think you'll do great with this project. Let me know how it goes and post a project photo to my site if you have time. Cheers and have fun :)