Paint Stirrer Shelf Makeover

We had a bland white ikea shelf in our bathroom for extra storage and I got an idea for a makeover! It started with my love for planked walls, but then took a right turn to this finished product with some painters tape. Cost? $0. Paint stirrers, gorilla glue, stain and craft paint! For detailed step by step, check out my blog!
Can you believe this started as a boring white Ikea shelf?
This is a standard Ikea Billy bookshelf. We needed storage in our small little bathroom and this fit that corner perfectly. But it wasn't very interesting in my opinion.
I went around to a few different paint stores and asked them if I could have some extra paint stirrers... as many as they felt comfortable giving. :) Only took a few different paint stores to get enough to cover the bookshelf... I lucked out because they fit the depth of the shelf perfectly so no cutting required.
I used gorilla clue to attach them and made sure some heavy books weighed them down... then I went over first with a gray Minwax stain, and then some watered down white craft paint for a wash. And finally a dry brush with some chalk paint.
But it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for... it seemed a little... 'crafty'. I grabbed some painters tape and started marking off a simple graphic pattern.
I painted in the triangles by hand once I had the rows taped off, and it didn't take long at all.
I screwed some hooks back onto the shelf, and it's MUCH more fun than the previous drab white version.
And... did I mention, it was free!!!

These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
At Charlotte's House

• Robin

Ahhhhhhhh-mazing!!!! That’s it. No other words needed.

• Joanie

I love what you done. Your choice of colors is so.... me too!!