Pretty Bulletin/Chalkboard

$15

Hi there! Mariah (11 years old) came over yesterday, she was on a mission. With a large canvas in hand, she asked if I would help her make a bulletin/chalkboard for her room. I’m still not driving, so we had to go with what I have on hand.
We started by painting half of the canvas with Rustoleum Chalkboard Paint. Be sure to stir really well.
We put on 3 coats. So I was looking through my ‘stuff’ and found some  burlap with sparkles…so pretty.
Isn’t it pretty! So I started on one side…glued it down, and stretched tight to the other side and glued it down.
It looked pretty but, there was a small 1/2″ gap in the center. I was thinking cork across. The only cork I had was from these painted circles. So we cut a couple of strips and glued it to the middle.
Then we painted the yellow a more tan color to match the burlap. Then I had these empty ‘Crystal Light’ containers. Mariah cut them to size. She wanted one for pencils, and another for colored pencils, etc.
Then we took painters tape and made a diagonal shape.  Then painted below the tape a white.
We removed the tape, and Mariah put some pretty sequins on them.
If you notice in the center of the cork there is a line….we covered it with a small pretty blue bright plastic flower On the right, we glued on magnets, so she can add this little container filled with pins. So what do you think?

• Rustoleum Chalkboard Paint  (Home Improvement Store)
  • Burlap  (Walmart)
  • Cork  (Walmart)

Linda kelley