Queen Bee Dresser

$175

My six year old granddaughter recently got her own room. She has a shabby chic/glam thing going and I wanted to give her a dresser. Off to the local Restore thrift shop to look for something to paint...
This is the buffet I found. I love the lines and it is rock solid.
I removed the drawers, doors, and hardware.  I gave everything a good cleaning and deglossed all of the wood.
One coat of Kilz primer. Note...Do not use spray primer, use brush on. The overspray is messy and creates a textured feel that must be sanded...(live and learn).
I painted everything with 3 coats of soft pink chalkpaint.
I masked out stripes on the three plain drawers and painted with white chalk paint. I also masked the borders around the end panels of the dresser, and the insets on the top drawers and the door panels and painted those white as well.
I stenciled fleur de lis on the center top drawer with silver cream.
Here is the Queen Bee stenciling on the doors. I did this with a silver liquid marker.
I painted the cabinet interior and the door backs with my grandaughter's favorite color! All of the hardware was painted silver. To finish the stripes on the drawers neatly, I used the silver marker to make a thin line between each color change.
On all raised moldings, I masked and rubbed on the silver cream.
The large Queen Bee was stenciled on the top first with white paint.
I then, using the silver marker, highlighted areas of the stencil that I wanted to stand out. The bee and crown were all silver.
This is the finished stencil.
Using a wallpaper stencil with a queen
Bee motif and the silver marker, I stenciled the end panels. I then gave everything a few clearcoats of matte finish before replacing the doors, drawers, and hardware.
And here's the finished dresser, all ready for the Queen Bee, herself!

Rustoleum Chalked soft pink

• Anne Willis

How do I save this for a reference. Or be able to look it up and find it Love this dresser❣️

• Anne Willis

How do I save your instructions for a later reference?

• A

I believe you have to check off the "I want to do this " heart and it will save it to your favorites list.

• Sherrie

Where did you find the bee stencil? I love the sides with the bees "graph".

• Joanie

How precious of a job.......so sweet for your little Honeycomb!!

• Amy

I need help I want to.revamp the dresser and side dresser WTH matching colors but not same pattern because they are not matching designs and suggestions looking for ellogance WTH transfers ànd pizzazz all men freindly but what I want will win in the long runsendig pics of dressers