An Old Steel Bed Frame Becomes a Girly Country Dream!

$20

With my newly single life here at Grandma’s House I’ve been keeping busy and finding fun projects to look forward to. I always hated the colors I painted the furniture in my guest bedroom so I knew it was time for a change. I brought them back into more my taste starting with the old steel bed I inherited from my grandparents. I also got on the move with everything by converting my old office into my new guest bedroom and library!
I can’t even begin to express how much I enjoyed getting rid of that horrible john deer green on this old bed! First thing was first I used a good metal primer and then I used a light gray acrylic paint to cover that up, it took several good coats and, because I’m working upstairs and inside my house now, I couldn’t spray it on.
Once the bed was painted it was just screaming for something special, so I got online and went looking for a decal. At first I had planned on either making my own stencil or purchasing one but once I saw how inexpensive the wall decals were well, it was pretty obvious what route I needed to head in.
My best friend (and cousin) had some experience using them so she helped me put it on (*waves* thanks Rachy!) From there I dressed the bed up with (of course) one of my grandma’s quilts.
I just love this bed now! Its been in this house for over 40 years, you can even see a pic of it in the before  pictures of my master bedroom!
I wonder how many members of my family have slept in this bed? Interesting thought lol. Now it is exactly how I always dreamed it would be, kinda girly, kinda country, really just me.
Next week I’ll show you guys how I made that easy, no-sew drop cloth bed skirt! And I can’t wait to show you what I did with the other furniture over the next couple of weeks too and the final reveal of my guest bedroom and library!

3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
GrandmasHouseDIY

• Elizabeth

There is a dresser? at the end of the bed painted the same color purple? as the foot board, did you do something to the back of it so you’re not just looking at the raw back of a dresser?

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Hi Elizabeth, its actually a simple little desk that I painted out to match. It doesn't have much of a "back" on it, so you can pretty much just look through it.

• Cynthia H

Nice update! It looks so fresh and happy!
    • GrandmasHouseDIY

The desk at the end of the bed with the decal on it got a makeover too that I'll be posting here and will be posting on my blog next Friday February 2nd. I'll put the link here when it goes live :) I have a few more things to finish and post then I'll be posting the whole bedroom reveal too.

• Cmoonlitwolf

Love your ideas. We are big on re-purposing things that others throw out. Great job!