DIY Unhatched Dragon Egg

82 Views
Sometimes I have a stubborn streak and for years I have been told that I would love the popular Game of Thrones, but I kept coming up with reasons why I would not like it. One night I decided to watch, and immediately fell in love with the dragons, and the eggs they were growing in.
It is with that love that I decided to make this simple DIY Unhatched Dragon Egg, which can be customized to the colors you want it to be using nail polish and thumb tacks.
Time: 5 HoursCost: $25Difficulty: Easy
  • diy unhatched dragon egg
Gathered materials
  • diy unhatched dragon egg
Line up tacks on styrofoam to prepare for painting, be sure to keep space between tacks to leave room for painting.
  • diy unhatched dragon egg
Once painted spray with a clear gloss and let dry at least a couple hours.
  • diy unhatched dragon egg
Once completely dry, begin attaching the tacks from the base moving upwards until you reach the top - be sure to alternate colors to give it a dragon egg look.
  • diy unhatched dragon egg
Continue the pattern up the egg until the entire egg is covered in thumb tacks.
Once completed, you will have a colorful, unhatched dragon egg.
  • diy unhatched dragon egg

Suggested materials for this project:

• Thumb Tacks  (Online)
  • Green Nail Polish  (Dollar Store/Online)
  • Styrofoam Egg  (Craft Store)
Jennifer Sunstein-Henberger

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!

Ask a Question