Patio Table Makeover

I love working on any little project that will enhance the look of the front porch. This metal side table was found at a yard sale for $2 and the bag of glass tiles was found at a thrift store for $3. My vision for this table became very clear pretty quickly.
patio table makeover, outdoor furniture, painted furniture
Before.
I began by painting the table with an outdoor quality spray paint in white.
Next, I began gluing the tiles down using Elmer's glue and allowed everything to dry.
The last step was to cover the tile with tile grout in an earthy color to bring out the colors. You just wipe away the excess and allow to harden for up to 24 hours. When dry, give it a good cleaning with a wet cloth and you're done!
Here is the before and after of the project. What do you think?

• Judy Pickett

The table is beautiful. How much tile does it take?

• Cha9831790

c an you do this on a 48 in. glass table top?

• Charlene Coull

What kind of glue do you use

• B. Roberts

Can i do this on a glass top garden table?
  • Shirley Lynch

did you have to sand it to get it all level ? my glass pieces are all different heights

• Bob32532324

Can I use caulk instead of grout?
    • Connie Quine

Yes, you can use clear or colored caulk to glue the glass pieces down. I think the clear caulk would be best, but whatever you like.

• Mary Collins Dolan

It's gorgeous but with plain glue is it weatherproof? Also, how did you edge the tile around the outside?

• Guy21320340

Where can I find glass tiles if not in a thrift store? I live in Newfoundland Canada.

• Joanne Waylett

You might check Walmart or Michaels crafts if there are any in your area. They sell reasonably I've sometimes seen them at Marshalls or Tj Maxx but I don't know if they are in Canada

• Carol

You can even buy new ones at like a Home Depot or a place like it.

• Guy21320340

• Man32729138

Amazon

• Valleycat1

You could also buy yard sale plates or ceramic trays and break them up.

• Valleycat1

I have a couple of these tables I am thinking of topping with pennies (we have a huge jar full). If you do not like colored grout there is a self leveling epoxy that is clear and would protect whatever you use for the top-often used for bar tips etc.

• C Crow

Many craft stores carry these and sometimes call them "sea-glass" even though they are glass smoothed in tumblers. I often see them in the candle aisles. If you can get to a Michael's craft store they carry "multi-colored sea glass rocks by Ashland." If worse comes to worse, you could set glass scraps (stained glass shops, auto glass shops) and tumble them yourself in a hobby tumbler.