A Quick Wood Valance That is Easy to Install

52K Views
When I updated my kids' bathroom in our rental home, there were not very many things that I could change. Everything had to be temporary and easy to remove. Plus I didn't want to deal with having to patch up holes etc...

Time: 1 HoursCost: $10Difficulty: Easy
  • a quick wood valence that is easy to install
One of the issues I had was with the old pink blind up in the window. I started taking it off but realized it would leave a large hole in the wall and I didn't want to deal with that. Plus, there are no houses on that side, so privacy was not really a problem.
I used 2 1x4 boards and 2x2 boards to build the valance. It was as simple as cutting the 2x2 to the width I needed the valance to be and the 4x4 to the width of the window. I attached them with wood glue and finish nails.
After this, I painted the entire valance white.
TO hang the valance on the window, I added d-rings on the back and hung up the valance. Since it is not directly attached to the wall, it is super easy to remove when we leave.
Isn't this so much better?! I love how clean and updated the entire bathroom looks!
What a difference a simple project makes.
There are so many easy and quick projects in this bathroom!
If you are a renter or just looking for easy and cheap ways to update your bathroom, you have to check out this bathroom makeover. Did I tell you I did everything in around $100!
I also recently completed a quick makeover in the guest bathroom of our new house! It is a makeover you don't want to miss!

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of May 21, 2018 10:25 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Anika Gandhi

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!