A Quick Wood Valance That is Easy to Install

$10

When I updated my kids' bathroom in our rental home, there were not very many things that I could change. Everything had to be temporary and easy to remove. Plus I didn't want to deal with having to patch up holes etc...

a quick wood valence that is easy to install
One of the issues I had was with the old pink blind up in the window. I started taking it off but realized it would leave a large hole in the wall and I didn't want to deal with that. Plus, there are no houses on that side, so privacy was not really a problem.
I used 2 1x4 boards and 2x2 boards to build the valance. It was as simple as cutting the 2x2 to the width I needed the valance to be and the 4x4 to the width of the window. I attached them with wood glue and finish nails.
After this, I painted the entire valance white.
TO hang the valance on the window, I added d-rings on the back and hung up the valance. Since it is not directly attached to the wall, it is super easy to remove when we leave.
Isn't this so much better?! I love how clean and updated the entire bathroom looks!
What a difference a simple project makes.
There are so many easy and quick projects in this bathroom!
If you are a renter or just looking for easy and cheap ways to update your bathroom, you have to check out this bathroom makeover. Did I tell you I did everything in around $100!
I also recently completed a quick makeover in the guest bathroom of our new house! It is a makeover you don't want to miss!
Anika Gandhi

• Jill Martens Majerus

Love it, I think I am crazy tho, how did you attach the d rings to the window? Thx so much.

• Shay Shelor

I love this as long as privacy is not an issue. If privacy is an issue and to avoid any additional holes, you could put light weight window coverings and adhere them to the back of the lower 2X2 board.

Libbie, thank for the tip. I had no idea about using tap before putting a hole in the wall. Rebecca.....really.....

• Mary Fox

Isn't that a 1x1? Awesome idea.