Painting Glasses With Glass Paint

$4

I have created different mugs and glasses using different techniques and sadly I have trouble getting the design to last. I am happy to say I found a product that works and am excited to share it with you!

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Materials:

Glass from Dollar Tree

Martha Stewart Adhesive Stencils

Apple Barrel Multi Surface Acrylic Paint

Paint Brush

To prep the glass I washed and dried it, and then I wiped the whole thing down with alcohol.

I wanted to decorate a glass for Halloween, so I free handed a tree with the black paint.

Once the Black paint had dried, I added a moon.

I placed some of the self adhesive stencils onto the glass (a crow and bats).

I painted the paint onto the stencils.

I then carefully removed the stencils. These stencils are reusable so I washed off the stencil and placed it back onto the backing in the package to store it.

The next step is key - following the directions on the back of the bottle. Air dry for 1 hour, then place in a cool oven, heat to 350, bake for 30 minutes, cool in oven, remove. It's top rack dishwasher safe after cured. I have used my glass several times and put it in the dishwasher every time to truly test this method. I'm excited to say it's holding up well and looks as good as it did the day I painted it.

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

• Glasses  (Dollar Tree)
  • Alcohol  (Walmart)
  • Martha Steward Adhesive Stencils  (Plaid)

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Michael Scott

Very cool, not an artist but I think I may try it. Your kitchen counter and backsplash looks awesome as well.

Cool project

• Chas' Crazy Creations

Thank you so much Michael, there are so many ways to personalize this project and I love that I've finally found something that lasts. Thank you on the back splash, we designed it ourselves :)

• Clmjoan

Love this project. I will try to catch more of your things on your blog or you tube.