Chas' Crazy Creations
Chas' Crazy Creations
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Fort Collins, CO

2 Ingredient Carpet Spot Cleaner

$1

I put some of the most common stains/spills to the test and found something that cleaned all of them up with just 2 ingredients!

You can see more of my crazy creations here

2 ingredient carpet spot cleaner

Red Wine

*Be sure to spot test your carpet in an inconspicuous spot before doing a large area.

2 ingredient carpet spot cleaner

Start by blotting up the excess spill.

*With all of these be sure to blot not rub. Rubbing will unwind the carpet fibers and can make the stain worse as it gets into them.

2 ingredient carpet spot cleaner

Make a mixture of 1 cup warm water and 1/4 tsp Dawn Dish Soap. Pour over the spill and let stand 5 minutes.

2 ingredient carpet spot cleaner

Using a light colored cloth, blot up the soapy water mixture. You'll see the stain coming up into the cloth.

2 ingredient carpet spot cleaner

If the stain is removed finish with a warm water rinse. This is to remove the soapy residue so dirt and future stains won't stick to it.

If the stain is not removed, repeat the above steps.

2 ingredient carpet spot cleaner

Blot up the warm water rinse as much water as possible.

2 ingredient carpet spot cleaner

Let dry completely.

2 ingredient carpet spot cleaner

Mud/Dirt

Blot up the water if it's wet, and vacuum the area to get out as much dirt as possible.

Apply the warm soapy mixture onto the spot, and let it stand for 5 minutes. Blot up as much of the water as possible. If the stain is gone, finish with a warm water rinse and blot up as much water as possible.

2 ingredient carpet spot cleaner

Coffee

Start by blotting up the excess spill.

Apply the warm soapy mixture onto the spot, and let it stand for 5 minutes. Blot up as much of the water as possible.

If the stain is gone, finish with a warm water rinse and blot up as much water as possible.

2 ingredient carpet spot cleaner

Chocolate

Carefully clean up the pieces, chunks, etc being careful not to rub any into the fibers of the carpet.

2 ingredient carpet spot cleaner

Soda, Beer, Milk

Start by blotting up the excess spill.

2 ingredient carpet spot cleaner

A video I made with Hometalk is coming soon showing all of these stains and the removal process! I'm so excited they worked for me and I hope they'll work for you too!

I would love to have you stop by my blog  Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Linda Manley

What about pet stain

• Jixyrocker711

Dawn is an amazing spot/ stain remover! Is the warm water necessary for the mentioned spot producers? I ask only because I’ve had better removal of blood with cold water rather than warm. The colder the water the better has been my experience but with blood only. I haven’t noticed with others. Does it work with ink or marker stains?

• Thanks and you're right - it depends on the stain as to what temp the water should be. For ink the research I did recommended applying dry cleaning fluid.

• How do I get up old pet stain that already dried

• Wanda Kay

This really works..My dog had been attacked by another dog and he came in the house extremely tore up and was bleeding from all his injuries I had to rush him to the vet and was there for about 3 hours while they tried to safe him but unfortunately he succumbed to his injuries.When I came home very upset I had no desire to clean the blood off my carpet,my daughter told me about this method ,I was skeptical at first but devoting give it a whirl,so after 2 days of dried blood it was gone and you could not see any residue on the carpet.This is now my go to spot cleaner, and a lot cheaper than the name brands.

• Laurie Laurent-Hyland

Thanks for the tip!