DIY Corbel Table

$150

This super easy DIY Corbel Table adds a ton of farmhouse charm to any space!

I had these  amazing huge chippy corbels and tried them in a lot of different rooms before I found how I wanted to use them. I tried them on top of our curio cabinets in the dining room, and as a way to “frame” the kitchen to the living room, but none of those really spoke to me. The horizontal section of this corbel reaches 18 inches, so when I say huge I mean it, they are a major accent. So for a few weeks they just sat on the entry way table and looked nice, then I realized they were almost the same width as the entry table. That was it! Make a table!

This super easy DIY Corbel Table has three parts, the corbels and the “desktop” The corbels are mounted to the wall at a 32 inch height because I wanted to be able to actually use this as a desk, so this was the correct height for my Wicker IKEA chair. The desktop is something you could completely customize. I think this would be gorgeous with some reclaimed wood sanded and stained (which I might try next) especially if you were using this as an occasional table, such as for an entryway instead of a working desk you would sit at because the uneven texture wouldn’t be an issue.

I purchased a 48″x20″ piece of wood from Lowes gave it a quick sand which my favorite palm sander and stained it with special walnut. I liked the contrast between the distressed cream corbels and the darker tabletop. Once you have your top finished to your liking just lay it on top. Since the base is 18 inches wide it felt pretty secure to me but you can secure your base to your corbels easily by using something like small command strips, velcro, of if you are sure you want this to be at least semi permanent you can use small nails to secure the base.

You can see more photos and DIY projects here: https://www.maebells.com/easy-diy-corbel-table/

Annie

• Becky Miller

How did you attach the corbels to the wall?

• Annie

The corbels came with little brackets so I just hung them on nails, very easy! :)

• Debra Heatherwick

Love it....great use of space.

• Joanie

Definitely lookin' good!! IF I had this, just me.....I'm a plant lover. I would have it loaded with plants.....I need it.