Antique Crock Side Table

I love these old crocks so when my dad texted me a picture of this one I could't say no. I was so excited he found it I didn't realize how big it was until I came to pick it up. I stared at it for five minutes until I realized hey! this is the side table I was looking for all along.
Here is the picture my dad sent me.
I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. Now I need to decide what colour to stain the wooden top. Should I go barn board grey? Vintage Singer sewing machine red? or something completely different?
Check out my blog to see more

To see more: http://yesterdaysantiquesandfunkyjunk.wordpress.com/2014/08/08/antique-crock-side-table/

• Jackie Krueger

Did you adhere the wood top to the crock or is the wood just sitting on top? If just sitting, do you have issues with it moving?

• Nea396804

Don't touch it , you'll destroy the value, and it looks great like it is, Stain the wood top same as furniture legs. Great find

• Nicole Mahoney

@Neat Thanks for the comment. I have no intention of painting the crock, just the lid I made for it.

• Chris aka monkey

@Nicole Mahoney ok i went onto your blog and see teal and gray in your cining room a bright yellow sweater chair, and if those couches are your in the crock pic gold and red so you aren't afraid of color...i would get some paper close to the colors you are thinking of and put on table for a few days each one will catch your eye xx by the way i love crocks also the two i scored at garage sales got smashed during our move i would let out a squeal if i found one like yours