How to Get Permanent Marker Out Of Linen

$1

We have a local Church that has the bestest rummage sale every year.They have such a variety of items that people donate and at such reasonable prices. Last year I happened to find a pale pink Damask Tablecloth. The ladies who work the sale always look for spot/stains put masking tape around the folded item and write any imperfections and the size of the item. Well, someone, probably the donor, wrote the size in marker on the corner of the tablecloth. The price was most reasonable and I figured there must be some way to remove it.I searched an searched the web, and of course, Pinterest.Got lots of ideas. Wrote them all down, starting with the most delicate working to the strongest.

how to get permanent marker out of linen

Milk ~

I rubbed gently after soakingnot much difference

Hand Sanitizer ~

Applied and let soak

blotted several timesremoved most, but some still remained

Rubbing Alcohol ~blotted, removed a tad more

Hairspray ~Sprayed heavily, let sit then blottedremoved a bit more, but was still left with fadedmarks.

At that point I threw it in the washer with Oxycleanand left it soak there for 2 days....I didn't want to dealwith it any more!After washing this is what it looked like!Not sure which one broke it down orif they all helped orif I just should have soaked it in Oxyin the first place.

For more info see my blog:

https://dragonflytreasure.blogspot.com/2016/01/how-do-you-get-permanent-marker-out-of.html

• Milk  (already had)
  • Hand sanitizer  (already had)
  • Rubbing alcohol  (already had)
Debbie / Dragonfly Treasure

• Deb

I understand your frustration. One day my daughter came home from school with marker all over her new STARTER coat. My husband handed me can of break cleaner (purchasable at any auto center) I sprayed it on the marker and dabbed the fabric until all the remnants was out. Then I put it through the wash cycle of my machine. It came out as clean as the day I bought it. It did not fade the coat at all. Hope this helps. ...Deb

• Wow! That's awesome! Thanks for the tip. You're husband is a smarty!!