DIY Colour Blocked Kitchen Canisters

$15

I made DIY Colour blocked Kitchen Canisters using the gold alphabet stickers I had bought way back in January. I used some spray paint to give them a distinct Kate Spade feel.

To make these kitchen essentials, we’re starting with some dollarama glass storage canisters. I then rounded-up my fave shades of spray paint, and my gold sticker alphabet.

You ready for how easy this is? Wrap the glass canisters in  painter’s tape so that you bisect the glass where you want. I then wrapped the part that wasn’t being spray painted in a plastic bag, and added another layer of tape. 

Keep in mind that glass will take to spray paint differently depending on how clean it is, so make sure there’s no dust or oil on there. As with all spray painting, hold the can about 25cm away and spray in long sweeping motions. It’ll take several coats to get your coverage, and hopefully avoid any dripage.

Once they’re dry, it’s time to apply your gold alphabet stickers! I bought mine at Michael’s for about 10$, and had more than enough to spell out for a few words.

I didn’t want to put things like “sugar” or “flour,” but “sweet” and “salty” as well as “coffee” felt right to me.

Now, just enjoy your canisters. Have a great day!

Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Ariel

• Susan
    Susan

They look great. Did you cover the gold lettering to stop them peeling? Very Kate Spade.

• Ida9464
      Ida9464

Husbands🙄 don’t get me started! These look so awesome I am excited to copy.thx

• Gabby
    Gabby

Could you use brush on paint instead? I don't have a place to spray paint.

• Wyldecent
      Wyldecent

You could but the finish may not be quite as smooth due to visible brush strokes.