Wood Trellis

$60

We have a fairly large area on the side of our home that is empty space between two windows. I designed a DIY wood trellis to dress it up a bit and make better use of the space.

We used 1x6 white wood boards. The base boards are 6 feet long. The cross boards are 4 feet long. We connected the top one using 5 wood screws into each side.

The bottom board we connected 2 feet from the bottom.

We decided to add a piece of 1x4 wood to the top of the trellis that has a 2” over hang on each side. (This photo is before we cut and attached the board).

I stained it ‘provincial’ by minwax and then sealed it using a matte polycrilic I had on hand. (We used this same stain on our shutters).

I cut my wire fencing to size. The opening in my trellis will measure slightly smaller than 4x4’

The fencing I got is 24” wide so I doubled it up and connected them together using floral wire.

Once they were connected, I painted it black with this rustoleum spray paint.

we attached the metal fencing to the center using this staple gun and staples.

To attach it to the house we used a hammer drill, impact drill, and concrete screws.

Eventually there will be either Virginia creeper, or ivy growing through it next year.

31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July